Varsity Home Service was built on a foundation of caring – about our community, clients, employees and our company. As we continue to learn more about the COVID-19 virus, that foundation of caring means we are committed to taking every precaution possible to keep everyone safe.
We know that your home service needs aren’t slowed down by COVID-19, and neither are our services. We’re committed to being here for your family during this time of need – in a SAFE and HEALTHY manner. With this objective in mind, it is important to let you know about the immediate precautionary measures we are taking to ensure the safety of your family and our technicians as we work in and around your home, including:
- Wearing FRESH protective gear including disposable gloves, shoe covers and face covers (kits are currently being distributed to every technician).
- Wiping down surfaces to be touched in the home with sanitizing solution before beginning work, then wiping down again after work is completed.
- Wiping down iPads before and after use.
- Washing hands for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer before and after each call.
- Regularly using disinfectant wipes throughout trucks (including steering wheel, door handles, tools).
- Discarding disposable items after each call and sanitizing regularly used items and surface areas.
- Covering any open cuts/wounds.
- Avoiding shaking hands, limiting physical contact and maintaining a 6-foot distance from others when possible.
We have also implemented several company-wide policies and procedures to respond to and reduce the threat of COVID-19:
- Staff members have been advised they must remain home if they are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if another member of their household is experiencing any associated symptoms.
- Our facility has been closed to all non-essential personnel and non-employees.
- All non-essential meetings, trainings and gatherings have been cancelled.
- Employees who are able to work remotely are doing so (the majority of our staff).
- Our facility is being sanitized daily, staff are wearing protective gear and maintaining at least a 6-foot distance at all times.
- Upon booking calls, our Customer Service Representatives are confirming that no one in the home is sick. If anyone is sick, we are happily scheduling service for a later date when all are well.
- We are offering to accept credit card payments via telephone (if desired) to further reduce physical contact.
Staff members have also been informed that they are required to follow CDC health guidelines:
- Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content routinely, especially when you can't immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes or mouth at all times.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a disposable tissue and immediately throw it away. Only sneeze or cough into your elbow or shoulder as a last resort. Do NOT sneeze or cough into your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands and close contact with others. Maintain a 6-foot distance from others when possible.
- Be aware of individuals who exhibit a fever or cough, though understand that sometimes symptoms are not detectable.
- Closely monitor announcements made by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We know that properly functioning plumbing and HVAC systems are critical to your health and well-being, especially during a time of crisis. Many of you have scheduled service or repair appointments, and many more will have unforeseen home service needs during upcoming days and weeks. We are here to serve you during this difficult time to the best of our ability – while maintaining the lowest health risk possible. We are accepting same-day, emergency and future appointments as usual.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and remain dedicated to the health and safety of your families and our team. For more information on COVID-19, please refer to the CDC website. https://www.cdc.gov/
Subscribe to Varsity Home Service's Blog