HVAC system maintenance is extremely important, but it's also a relatively simple process for any professional heating technician to complete.
That means that you may be paying more for simple maintenance than you need to because a dishonest HVAC services company has made you believe that essential jobs also have to be expensive.
Let Varsity Home Service Company correct that wrong. Here’s what you really need to know about heating maintenance:
Why Are Maintenance Checks Necessary?Heating maintenance visits are important because they ensure that your furnace is running to the best of its ability at all times.
Keeping up with annual tune-ups can extend the life of your unit, and it can give your HVAC technician a chance to spot potential issues with your system before they become more significant problems. An annual maintenance inspection and tune-up process should include all of the following procedures:
- Cleaning or changing the filter. A clogged filter can not only lower the air quality in your home, but it can also cause your heater to lose efficiency and even be permanently damaged.
- Checking the thermostat settings to ensure that your unit is being run efficiently. If your thermostat is heating your home the same way when you’re not there as when you are, you could be paying a lot more on your monthly bill than you need to.
- Checking that your unit turns on, runs, and shuts off as it should without any problems.
- Inspecting and cleaning your condensate drain. A clogged condensate drain can cause your unit to lea, leading to water damage and poor air quality.
- Tightening electrical connections. Faulty electrical connections can be a fire hazard, and can also damage your unit severely.
- Measuring voltage and current on all the motors.
- Checking the gas connections as well as the gas pressure, heat exchanger, and burner combustion. Natural gas leaks in your home not only pose a fire hazard, but they can also be deadly to yourself and your loved ones.
- Lubricating all the moving parts within your heater. Parts that are not sufficiently lubricated can grind against each other. That friction can cause your unit to lose efficiency, making it cost more to run.
Heating Maintenance Saves You MoneyBelieve it or not, keeping your heater maintained puts a significant amount of money back into your pockets. With heating maintenance done annually, you can prevent small problems from becoming larger, more expensive ones as well as avoid costly emergencies. If that's not enough to make the small upfront investment for a yearly tune-up, consider that maintenance also means your system will run more efficiently and last longer too!
Give Varsity Home Service Company a Call For Heating Services!Why Varsity Home Service Company? Well first, Varsity has been serving Long Island for over 50 years!
In that time, we’ve helped over 40,000 people with their heating and cooling issues. Our customers know they can count on us day or night because we’ve earned their trust by always being upfront and honest about our services and pricing.
Trust your home to the family that’s been there when you needed them, time and time again. Call Varsity Home Service Company for HVAC installations, repairs, and of course, maintenance visits!
Subscribe to Varsity Home Service's Blog